Epic Kings by Gad Berry
Epic Kings by Gad Berry
Epic Kings is the all new series of Drawings from Gad Berry. The urban pop artist takes a turn into a much more primitive set of drawings. Available now at Guy Hepner, NYC.
About Gad Berry
Born in Paris on June 9 1985 , Gad Berry grew up in a family of artists. For him , beauty is everywhere and he travels the world in search of images . In 2007 he made his first trip to the United States. Here he photographed everything with intense passion. ” No country and no continent “,that is Gad’s art. A mixture between two cultures, European and American. Very quickly after his trip to America, Gad realized that photography was not enough to fulfill his creative needs. He then found Pop Art, a new way he could express himself using strong symbols such as money and celebrities to present his view on life.
Gad is concerned with using American aesthetic that moves its European counterpart, and its European vision who enjoys the excesses of America. Mixing styles and subtle paradoxes. Marilyn Monroe, John Lennon , Johnny Cash , JFK and more recently Jack Nicholson, Nicole Kidman, Natalie Portman exposed at the last Cannes Film Festival. Gad Berry is an artist in constant evolution .
Today the work of his images on crumpled paper , becomes a surprising concept: 3D photo sculptures remind us that time passes and can be devastating . From photography to sculpture, a journey, especially a need for Gad to materialize his images. Thus grenade Coke became sculpture ” Magic Coke”. Merger of two strong and universal symbols that deliver a peace message to all generations. The association and fusion of two objects are given a new identity at the discretion of the artist and his emotions. Then ” Andy Dollar” in tribute to Andy Warhol. This sculpture symbolizes the artistic power of $$$. Epic Kings is a new period for Gad Berry. A whole universe comes to life. Gad opens the doors of this world filled with love , humor, and humanity.
- A Conversation with Tania Marmolejo
- Philippe Shangti: Staged Glamour
- Roy Lichtenstein: Early Career Works
- A Brief History of Fashion Photography
- Banksy: The Di-faced Tenner
- Andy Warhol: Electric Chair Portfolio
- The Yosemite Suite by David Hockney
- Banksy: Early Prints
- Introducing Thomas Agrinier
- Blek Le Rat: The Artist is Present
- Introducing Julian Opie
- A Conversation with Vincent Chung
- Robert Mapplethorpe: Light and Dark
- Jonas Wood: Multiples of Three
- An Interview with James Joyce
- Yayoi Kusama: Infinity
- The Tax Collection: 2018 Curatorial Residency
- Andy Warhol’s Campbell Soup Cans
- Damien Hirst Does Mickey Mouse
- Tim Bessell x Andy Warhol Surfboards
- Clairvoyance Exhibition
- Bruce Makowsky and the Art of Luxury
- Legendary Andy Warhol at Guy Hepner
- Roy Lichtenstein at Guy Hepner