Moonwalk by Andy Warhol
Moonwalk by Andy Warhol
Warhol’s Moonwalk explores the overlapping boundaries of time. Warhol’s Moonwalk depicts Neil Armstrong’s photograph of Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin, Jr. walking on the moon for the first time in 1969 during the Apollo 11 mission. Warhol created the Moonwalk Portfolio to commemorate this momentous achievement of the first man on the moon. He captures the magic, drama, and fantasy of the moon walk. No other artist can transform man’s first steps on the moon, and turn it into a screenshot from a movie. The Moonwalk images by Andy Warhol were created in 1987 only months before his death.
In this Series, the translucent colors capture your gaze in classic Warhol fashion. He chooses to color the American flag of similar coloring with blue, reds, and pinks. He uses this color scheme to embellish the primarily dimmer and darker colors of the background.
Like any other great artist Andy was looking to the future. By using this landmark moment in history as the focus of his art work, he preserves the emotion that everyone felt as one Neil took “one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind”.
About Andy Warhol:
Andy Warhol was an American artist who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. Andy Warhol’s works explore the relationship between artistic expression, celebrity culture and advertisement that flourished by the 1960s. Andy Warhol’s Marilyn and Andy Warhol’s Soup Cans are some of the most recognized and collectible of his artworks. From Andy Warhol Paintings to Andy Warhol Prints and unique pieces, the artist’s works are available for sale from Guy Hepner.
More than twenty years after his death, Andy Warhol remains one of the most influential figures in contemporary art and culture. Warhol’s life and work inspire creative thinkers worldwide thanks to his enduring imagery, his artfully cultivated celebrity, and the ongoing research of dedicated scholars. His impact as an artist is far deeper and greater than his one prescient observation that “everyone will be world-famous for fifteen minutes.” His omnivorous curiosity resulted in an enormous body of work that spanned every available medium and most importantly contributed to the collapse of boundaries between high and low culture.
For more information on work like Moonwalk by Andy Warhol, contact email@example.com new email.
- Andy Warhol: Capturing the 20th Century
- Andy Warhol: Cowboys and Indians
- Andy Warhol Flowers Portfolio
- Andy Warhol: Unpublished Prints
- The Ad Series by Andy Warhol
- Myths Series by Andy Warhol
- Decades of Diamond Dust: Warhol, Hirst, and Young
- Mao: The Complete Portfolio by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol : In A Flash
- Warhol: From Outsider to Influencer
- An Art History of Andy Warhol
- Campbell’s Soup Complete Portfolio I and II by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol’s Mick Jagger Series
- Andy Warhol Endangered Species
- Marilyn Monroe Portraits by Andy Warhol
- Late Paintings by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol: From Beethoven to Jagger
- Love by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol’s Cowboys and Indians
- Warhol: The Last Decade
- Presenting Marilyn Exhibition
- Andy Warhol’s Moonwalk, 1987
- Andy Warhol’s Ads Portfolio
- Andy Warhol Watercolors & Drawings Exhibit
- Andy Warhol Flower Paintings
- Andy Warhol A La Recherche Du Shoe Perdu
- Guy Hepner New York Now Open in Soho