Camouflage Print Portfolio by Andy Warhol
Camouflage Print Portfolio by Andy Warhol
Warhol’s Camouflage paintings reflect bright synthetic and inorganic colors, which would not provide a veil or disguise in any landscape.Camouflage Print Portfolio by Andy Warhol shows the commercialization and mass production of these paintings into prints. Created by artists at the military’s request, camouflage dates from the early 20th century. It was first used for concealment of equipment, and then for uniforms. As Warhol invented more camouflage works he incorporated the pattern into his self-portraits. In these works, the juxtaposition of identity and disguise mirrors the artist’s lifelong struggle to gain notoriety while keeping his own private life hidden.
Warhol died in the midst of completing the Camouflage edition. Consequently, the editioned prints of Camouflage prints are signed and stamped by Frederick Hughes, the executor of his estate. Since the 1980s, the Camouflage prints have continued to grow in popularity and significance, particularly with America’s continuing military involvement in the Middle East. The fluorescent and vibrant colors of Warhol’s Camouflage gives the subject an almost humorous quality, considering the traditional use of camouflage for the uniforms of American armies.
Considered by many as the most influential American artist of the second half of the 20th century, Warhol employed commercial silkscreening techniques to create identical, mass produced images on canvas with his signature style. Variations in color give each print of an edition a different and unique appearance. Warhol also created a self-portrait with a camouflage pattern around the same time.
Warhol also collaborated with the fashion designer Stephen Sprouse to create a line of camo clothing. This apparel brought the association of war into high fashion: women dressed in camouflage gowns did not blend in, but instead attracted attention in urban settings. The Camouflage Print Portfolio by Andy Warhol is one of his most recognized motifs,
About Andy Warhol:
Andy Warhol was an American artist who was a leading figure in the visual art movement known as pop art. Andy Warhol’s works explore the relationship between artistic expression, celebrity culture and advertisement that flourished by the 1960s. Andy Warhol’s Marilyn and Andy Warhol’s Soup Cans are some of the most recognized and collectible of his artworks. From Andy Warhol Paintings to Andy Warhol Prints and unique pieces, the artist’s works are available for sale from Guy Hepner.
More than twenty years after his death, Andy Warhol remains one of the most influential figures in contemporary art and culture. Warhol’s life and work inspire creative thinkers worldwide thanks to his enduring imagery, his artfully cultivated celebrity, and the ongoing research of dedicated scholars. His impact as an artist is far deeper and greater than his one prescient observation that “everyone will be world-famous for fifteen minutes.” His omnivorous curiosity resulted in an enormous body of work that spanned every available medium and most importantly contributed to the collapse of boundaries between high and low culture.
For more information on work like Camouflage Print Portfolio by Andy Warhol, contact email@example.com new email.
- Andy Warhol: Capturing the 20th Century
- Andy Warhol: Cowboys and Indians
- Andy Warhol Flowers Portfolio
- Andy Warhol: Unpublished Prints
- The Ad Series by Andy Warhol
- Myths Series by Andy Warhol
- Decades of Diamond Dust: Warhol, Hirst, and Young
- Mao: The Complete Portfolio by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol : In A Flash
- Warhol: From Outsider to Influencer
- An Art History of Andy Warhol
- Campbell’s Soup Complete Portfolio I and II by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol’s Mick Jagger Series
- Andy Warhol Endangered Species
- Marilyn Monroe Portraits by Andy Warhol
- Late Paintings by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol: From Beethoven to Jagger
- Love by Andy Warhol
- Andy Warhol’s Cowboys and Indians
- Warhol: The Last Decade
- Presenting Marilyn Exhibition
- Andy Warhol’s Moonwalk, 1987
- Andy Warhol’s Ads Portfolio
- Andy Warhol Watercolors & Drawings Exhibit
- Andy Warhol Flower Paintings
- Andy Warhol A La Recherche Du Shoe Perdu
- Guy Hepner New York Now Open in Soho